Friday, January 4, 2013

Starting Where I Was and Ending Up Where I'm At ...



        I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
     I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world ::: Walt Whitman


New Year, indeed.  If anything my last 12 + months has taught me is that take nothing for granted + everything is a blessing + it's not mine if I don't share it:



Fall 2011 ...



Self Portrait via phone camera ... 

I walked out of the darkness into the L I G H T with the strength of my Faith + Family + Oh trusted Tribe ... but most importantly doing it on my own, a l o n e. Relying on m y s e l f to overcome has been the most important + rewarding thing I've ever had to . I feel more h u m a n ..



Even in your own backyard you can play ... 



Food has been an important part of my journey: comfort + nourishment AND I am a bit obsessed with food photography (that's really my excuse) ...




My faith kept me going + keeps me going ... 



My head + heart began to notice the beauty in things found ...



 I had missed parading + welcomed it back into my life ...



I HEART my BFF Gay ... 


... and her SO awesome kids (pics taken on a wonder-full day in Sutter Creek): 



Mini ... 



Ash ...



Daniel + Gaven ... 

Then one Sunday: 



Ash cleansed my house + Sadie helped her ... 



She cleansed the Garage Studio ... 



Then baked ... 

In December: 




Birthday Love with my Sistah Cuz Steph ... 



  (DFW Airport, Texas) 

Flew with my Sistah Cuz Soph to watch Cuz Trevor Graduate with his Masters! 


  
  (Suffolk, Virginia)

A fave memory is playing checkers with my Bruddah Cuz Frank  ... 



The South is beautiful I need to go back and explore it more ... 



Congratulations oh Master T! SO! proud of you! 



Mascot Feet ... 



I love hotel rooms ... 



The Grad with his pressie =) ... 



  (Atlanta, Georgia) 

I love airports too ... 



Best (Sushi) airport restaurant ever ...

More of my journey soon ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment